A new version of PHP, version 7.3, is available starting December 6, 2018.
This version includes a number of updates, most notably:
- improved management of Heredoc and Nowdoc syntaxes
- adding references with the function list()
- improved “Argon2” password hashing algorithm
- the appearance of an error return code on the function json_decode()
And some new features:
- the is_countable() function which allows you to know whether an object is countable
- the array_key_first() and array_key_last() functions that let you retrieve the first and last keys in an array
You can expect the ability to upgrade your Simple Hosting instances to the new PHP version from your Gandi interface very shortly. And if you haven’t yet tried out Simple Hosting, now is the time! Try out a Simple Hosting for free for the first two weeks.