Price increase on .cloud, .ca.za, and .ai in April 2021
The registries of .cloud, .co.za and .ai domains have notified Gandi of an increase in the registration, renewal, transfer and restoration fees of these three domains starting in April 2021.
As a result, we will be carrying over these price increases to our own prices.
All domain name registrars will be impacted by this price update and each will be announcing their own pricing adjustments in response to it.
We are aware that this price increase may impact you negatively, however, due to the increase in costs, we have no choice but to pass on this pricing increase.
For more information, please see the open letter from Gandi CEO Stephan Ramoin on price increases.
Please find the impacted extensions below, as well as their new prices at Gandi in Grid A (in USD) and the effective date, for domain creations, renewals, transfers and restorations:
Starting April 1, 2021:
- Creation: the price will not change.
- Renewal: $24.30 (current price $13.00)
- Transfer: $24.30 (current price $12.29)
- Restore: $104.89 (current price $90.64)
- Creation: $9.28 (current price $8.67)
- Renewal: $9.28 (current price $8.67)
- Restore: $9.28 (current price $8.67)
- Transfer remains free.
Starting April 15, 2021:
- Creation : $192.10 for two years (current price $160.08 for two years)
- Renewal: $192.10 for two years(current price $160.08 for two years)
- Transfer: $302.92 for two years (current price $240.12 for one year)
Please note that .ai transfers will now be on a two-year commitment.
- Restore: $161.80 for two years (current price $151.80 for two years)
We encourage you to renew your domains before March 31, 2021 in order to benefit from the current price for the longest registration period possible.Tagged in Domain names