On October 13, 2022, the .org domain extension family is welcoming a new member: .giving.
Release calendar for .giving
All phases start and end at 16:00 UTC.
- TMCH Sunrise — from October 13–December 13, 2022
Launch phase for owners of trademarks registered with TMCH (Trademark ClearingHouse).
- Landrush — from December 20, 2022 to January 20, 2023
Open to everyone but reserved for Backbaud customers, or who have signed up to test their Free Checkout feature.
Blackbaud is the company that manages JustGiving, a popular UK-based donation collection website.
- General availability — Starting January 20, 2023
Why register a .giving?
Register your .giving domain name to create dedicated donation spaces of any kind, to help finance non-profit projects, foundations, or philanthropic activities by businesses.
The .giving domain extension is intended for organizations/businesses:
- with a strong commitment to CSR (corporate social responsibility)
- that favor positive impact not for profit
- are dedicated to a social goal
Gandi Corporate Services’ recommendations
There is a demonstrated interest in this TLD for international businesses that particpate in philanthropic efforts. At General Availability, everyone will be able to register a .giving domain name, so the risk of cybersquatting does exist on .giving since the price is relatively affordable.
To learn more, feel free to contact your Account Manager or email us at email@example.com.