Content creators looking for an online presence independent of social networks have been waiting for them. Google expands its registry catalog with the addition of two new TLDs: .ING and .MEME.
What are the .ING and .MEME extensions?
The .MEME extension allows you to enter the web culture head-on, and to embrace the codes born of the Internet. Your online presence can’t ignore the phenomena being massively picked up on the Internet, so be a player in this new digital language with the right extension.
With the .ing extension, unleash your inventiveness and put your domain names into action: build.ing, help.ing, learn.ing, lov.ing, inspire.ing… Your online presence isn’t just a passive showcase, it’s an active companion to your passions and ambitions.
.ING launch schedule
- September 20 – October 24 2023: TMCH Sunrise phase, TMCH-registered trademark holders are invited to register .ING domain names.
- October 31 – December 5, 2023 : Early Access Period (EAP), registration of .ING domain names is open to all at decreasing rates.
- as of December 5, 2023: Generally available, .ING domain names are offered to all on a “first come, first served” basis.
.MEME launch schedule
- September 20 – October 24 2023: TMCH Sunrise phase, TMCH-registered trademark holders are invited to register .MEME domain names.
- October 31 – November 28, 2023: Limited Registration Period (LRP): content creators involved in the creation and distribution of Internet memes can register .MEME domain names.
- November 28 – December 5, 2023: Early Access Period (EAP), registration of .MEME domain names is open to all at decreasing rates.
- as of December 5, 2023: Generally available, .MEME domain names are offered to all on a “first come, first served” basis.
Why register an .ING or a .MEME?
These extensions offered by Google are obviously aimed at very specific audiences or uses: a .MEME domain name can be useful for reaching an audience that has widely adopted this mode of communication. The ING extension is an opportunity to convey the enthusiasm that accompanies your action. You’ll be able to grant a domain name that’s relevant to a related activity supported by your brand.
Trademark owners are reminded that there are no conditions for registering these 2 extensions, and that fees are affordable. Trademark protection can therefore be considered for these extensions.
To find out more, please contact your Account Manager or write to us at email@example.com.Tagged in .ing.meme