There’s a special condition that .th domain names are subject to: they can only be registered during a limited, annual period defined by the TH NIC registry, who are in charge of the .th domain ending.
The registry has now announced the dates for a third wave of .th domain name registrations. They’re accepting applications between October 1 and November 30, 2021, according to a four-stage schedule.
- Applications: October 1, 2021–November 30, 2021
- Announcement of qualified applications: December 2, 2021
- Domain name review process: December 2, 2021—December 9, 2021
- Announcement of approved applications: December 9, 2021
What are the eligibility requirements for .th domain names?
Who can register a .th domain name?
Registration is open for .th domain names to:
- Thai citizens
- Organizations established in Thailand or operating under Thai law
- Holders of trademarks registered in Thailand and
- Holders of trademarks registered outside of Thailand via a duly appointed local representative authorizing use of the trademark and the domain name in Thailand
The .th domain ending must correspond to the applicant’s personal name, the name of their organization, or the trademark the applicant holds. The registry will require documentation to prove an applicant’s eligibility.
Registration applications by category
Registration applications are sorted by category, from highest to lowest priority, according to the below nomeclature:
- Category 1: Trademark registered in Thailand
- Category 2: Trademark registered outside of Thailand via a local representative
- Category 3: Owner of a second-level domain name: .co.th, .ac.th, .or.th, et.c; except domain names registered in .in.th, which are not included
- Category 4: Organizations and individuals that do not fall into the above categories
Applicants are encouraged to indicate the category of their application when they submit them.
Each domain name approved ending in .th will also have the corresponding equivalent attributed in .ไทย (dot Thai).
For more information about .th, please feel free to contact your Account Manager or to email us at email@example.com.Tagged in .thcorporateDomain names