Updates to .se and .nu terms and conditions
The Internet Infrastructure Foundation recently notified us of changes in the Terms and Conditions for registering .se and .nu domain names. These changes will go into effect on November 1, 2021.
Changes in the Terms and Conditions for registering .se and .nu domain names
The following changes are applicable November 1, 2021:
- The condition to provide a personal identification number, or a business registration number, has been expanded to also cover their foreign equivalents (only applicable for .se domain names), section 4.1.1.
- Language has been added regarding the right of the Internet Infrastructure Foundation to change or delete any nameserver considered manifestly incorrect, section 5.1.4.
- A clarification has been added that in case of missing information on the part of a domain name owner, that the owner of the domain name is not authorized to perform registration services until the missing information has been corrected, section 6.1.2.
- Language has been added regarding the right to refuse renewal of a domain name if the owner of a domain name is bankrupt, liquidated, or deceased and their estate has been dissolved, section 6.1.5.
- A reference has been added to the Procedural Rules (applicable for .se), section 7.3.1.
- The jurisdiction of the Swedish General court has been expanded and the current limitation to the district court of Stockholm has been removed (applicable to .se), section 7.3.1.
A version of the Terms and Conditions with a summary of modifications is available upon request.
The current Terms and Conditions as well as the newly revised Terms and Conditions are both available on the Registry’s website.
For any questions about this update, please feel free to contact the Internet Infrastructure Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.Tagged in .nu.seDomain names