DPML blocking products extended to 29 new domain endings: price increase to come
Until now, DPML blocked registration of domain names with trademarks as registered in the TMCH in 241 domain endings operated by the Donuts registry. Following the acquisition by Donuts of the registry Afilias, DPML has expanded to include, since November 16, 2021, blocking on 29 domain endings previously managed by Afilias.
The expansion of this coverage also means a price increase starting January 10, 2022, going from $6,800 to $7,900 for DPML and $13,550 to $16,400 for DPML+. Please note, however, that registering or renewing a DPML blocking product is possible for up to 5 years — 10 years for DPML+ — which means you can still enjoy these products at the current rates for years to come if you renew before January 10.
DPML and DPML+ blocking products
DPML and DPML+ blocking products are essential to a defensive online brand protection strategy. They guarantee the security of intellectual property assets across a large portfolio of domain name endings in order to enable businesses to prevent cybersquatting.
The initial DPML offer includes:
- Protection for a period of 5 years
- Blocking of identical matches to the trademark registered with TMCH
- Protection on all new gTLDs in the portfolio of Donuts registry, except for “premium” domain names
- Current price: $6,800. Price as of January 1, 2022: $7,900
Specifics of the DPML+ offer:
- Protection for a period of 10 years
- Blocking of identical matches to the trademark registered with TMCH as well as three additional terms (typographic variations, or associated trademark describing products or services)
- Protection on all new gTLDs in the portfolio of Donuts registry, including “premium” domain names
- Unblocking made impossible for third parties with an identical registered trademark registered with TMCH
- An option available for additional payment to block three additional terms
- Current price: $13,550 Price starting January 10, 2022: $16,400
Domain endings covered by DPML and DPML+ blocking products
DPML and DPML+ are the blocking products that cover the largest number of domain endings, with a total of more than 250 with the addition of the 29 new domain endings on November 16, 2021.
The latest domain endings added:
If you’d like to know more about the DPML blocking products, or if you want to sign up for one, or new your existing subscription before the January 10, 2022 price increase, feel free to contact your account manager or email us at email@example.com.Tagged in .ac.archi.bet.bio.black.blue.global.green.info.io.kim.lgbt.llc.lotto.mobi.organic.pet.pink.poker.pro.promo.red.sh.shiksha.ski.vote.votocorporate