5 reasons to choose the Divi theme to create a website with WordPress
So you’ve decided to create your website with WordPress. Except now you need to choose a theme (for formatting and aesthetics) for it to customize each of your pages the way you want to. And that opens a seemingly infinite field of opportunities.
After we compared the WordPress themes Ocean WP, Astra, and Neve, it’s natural to also tell you about Divi, the flagship theme of Elegant Themes.
You’ve probably already heard of Divi; it’s a very popular theme. Supported by a large community, it’s very widely popular among professionals like web agencies and freelancers, as well as private individuals, for personal projects. The Divi WordPress theme is considered an ideal tool for a professional look adapted to your image, available to all with no coding.
Here are our top 5 reasons to choose the Divid theme for your WordPress website:
- Divi offers 800 different templates for your WordPress site
- Divi offers an easy-to-use visual editor
- Divi is a complete and secure theme
- Divi is fast, making it ideal for SEO
- Divi is affordable
1. Divi offers 800 different templates for your WordPress sites
By choosing the Divi theme for WordPress, you gain access to a library of more than 800 templates for your WordPress website. These are then sorted by category to help you make a decision and get a professional result catered to your industry: business, e-commerce, technology, events, beauty, services, health, etc. Whatever your business, you’ll find a template to match.
Choosing templates is very easy, and if you’re not sure which of two options to choose, the advantage is that you can save several at a time. You can try them out by integrating your own content in the templates of your choice until you find the ideal combination. Additionally, thanks to the visual editor, you can preview the result instantly to see how you like it.
2. Divi provides an easy-to-use visual editor
The Divi theme is very widely appreciated in the WordPress community thanks to its easy of use and flexibility. With Divi’s visual editor, you can build your site’s WordPress pages as you see fit. You’re free to add, delete, or adjust the display of the blocks that constitute your page using the Drag & Drop feature, integrate content by choosing the font, text size, and color, adjust the background colors and animations, and more.
There are more than 40 different elements that you can add to your pages to customize your website, including:
- Calls to action
- Price tables
- Photo galleries
- Customer testimonials
- And more!
But above all else, follow the development of your site’s layout in real time using the visual editor, which works as a WYSIWYG editor (What you see is what you get).
Additionally, the Divi editor takes aspects of Responsive design into consideration. Whether your site is being viewed on a computer, a tablet, or a smartphone, it will adapt according to the screen size used, providing an optimal user experience and an improved search engine ranking.
3. Divi is a complete and secure WordPress theme
It can be beneficial to use WordPress as a CMS due to the large, supportive community around it, and Divi can also be beneficial in the same way. With around 300,000 users subscribed to Divi’s newsletter and more than 70,000 members on their dedicated Facebook group, you also enjoy the 24/7 support of a very active community to guide you through the process of using Divi.
Its popularity also ensures regular updates (every 7–15 days) as well as protection against potential security bugs, which makes Divi a very secure WordPress theme.
Additionally, Divi integrates with two plugins that are essential for your website:
- Monarch is a plugin that shares content on more than 20 social networks. It enables you to add share buttons wherever you want on pages and articles in your website, so that you can encourage your community to share content. You can also use it to display buttons that forward website visitors to your own social media accounts.
- Bloom is an opt-in plugin for collecting your website visitors’ email addresses and adding them to your mailing lists. It also provides different options for displaying email subscription forms.
So you have a complete solution at your fingertips, enabling you to avoid either weighing down your site or putting it at risk by installing too many external plugins.
4. Divi is a fast WordPress theme, ideal for SEO
One of the essential criteria for good search engine optimization (i.e. the improvement of your website’s position in search engine results) is the speed at which your webpages load.
For years, Divi was considered a relatively “slow” theme in this respect. But since 2020, several updates have been implemented in order to improve the theme’s performance, and it now ranks among the fastest themes.
To improve the performance results, Divi identifies elements and features used and removes those considered superfluous, in order to create lightweight pages that load quickly.
5. Divi is an affordable WordPress theme
When you choose WordPress for your CMS, you gain access to a catalog of more than 9,000 free themes. But not all these themes are worthwhile, particularly in terms of security and flexibility. Our advice is that it’s better to spend a few dozen dollars per year in order to ensure your website will perform well.
Divi is one of the WordPress themes that costs money, but is still affordable. To get Divi, you have two pricing options:
- The $89 per year plan where you can pay $89 to use Divi for one year, and renew as many times as you want. If you’re not sure if your project will last, this option is a reasonable solution for testing, with the knowledge that you can always upgrade to plan 2 by paying the difference in price.
- The $249 for life plan which requires a single payment in order to use Divi for life. If you know ahead of time that you’ll be using Divi for several years or for multiple projects, this option will be much more affordable.
Taking into consideration all of the aspects listed above, the quality you get for the price you pay with Divi for your WordPress site’s theme is very high.
Have you been convinced to try creating your website using Divi? To launch your project, you’ll first need to choose a domain name, that is, the address of your website, then you’ll need to select your web hosting solution and finally you’ll need to install the WordPress CMS.
At Gandi, you have the choice of over 700 domain endings (sometimes called domain name extensions), and we offer several flexible web hosting solutions, starting at $2.25 per month for the first year. You can automatically install WordPress on these web hosting solutions and get your website online in just a few minutes.
If you need help installing WordPress on your Gandi web hosting, please feel free to watch our tutorial for a step-by-step guide 👉
And if Divi doesn’t exactly meet your needs, feel free to check out our review of the Ocean WP, Astra, and Neve WordPress themes, or to let us know what you prefer by leaving a comment. Who knows? Maybe our next article will be about your favorite theme!Tagged in CMSSimple HostingWordpress