As we’ve been promising since the launch of #gandiv5, our new platform will include new, innovative features to help better manage your domain name. As of a few days ago, you can now test one of these — configuration templates — which give you the ability to configure your domain at the point of purchase or when you transfer it in.
The initial release of this feature includes:
- setting up name servers,
- updating DNS records (A, MX, etc…) in your domain’s zone file, provided you use Gandi’s name servers.
You can save or reuse these templates for future purchases or transfers. What’s more, all members of a single organization can use these templates, which helps with configuring domains across an organization.
For the moment, you can only use templates when buying or transfering domains in to Gandi, but soon we’ll be introducing a way to create templates from the configuration interface and apply them to one or more already-existing domains.
At that point, you’ll be able to create fine-tuned domain configuration templates for your domains, with options like:
- Web forwarding
- Automatic creation of mailboxes or forwarding addresses
- Activation of DNSSEC (more on this later)
- Automatic addition of “tags” on your domains
- Automatic addition of secondary contact data
We’ll be deploying these new features over the next few weeks. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to send us any comments or suggestions at email@example.com.